This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between You and Funeral Guide under which You may access www.funeralguide.co.uk (‘the website’) being operated by Funeral Guide.
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the website.
- ‘Funeral Guide’
- Funeral Zone Ltd, a limited company registered under the Companies Act 2006 and registered in England and Wales with company number 08135813 whose registered office is at 5 Providence Court, Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5JL, United Kingdom and any employee, officer, agent, or person or corporation authorised to act on behalf of Funeral Zone Ltd.
- You and anyone You have provided Your user identification code, password or any other piece of information that forms part of Funeral Guide’s security procedures to or any such person acting on Your behalf or with Your authorisation.
- belonging to You.
- ‘Your Content’
- any photographs, images, graphics, text, audio, video or other materials or content that You submit or make available to Funeral Guide for inclusion in the Website and/or Funeral Guide’s services
You may use the website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the web site;
- any equipment or network on which the web site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the web site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which You contribute to the website (Your Content).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- must be accurate (where facts are stated);
- any opinions (where stated) must be genuinely held; and
- must comply with applicable laws of England and in any country from which they are posted.
Your Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- include addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, banking or credit card details or any passwords, social security numbers, dates of birth and the like;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any person including but not limited to any misrepresentation of affiliation with Funeral Guide;
- or to use the website for unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
- give the impression that they emanate from Funeral Guide, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
Funeral Guide will determine, in its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through Your use of the website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, Funeral Guide may take such action as Funeral Guide deems to be appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of Your access to or use the website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by You to the website;
- issue of a warning to You;
- legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against You;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as Funeral Guide reasonably feels necessary.
Funeral Guide shall have no liability to You whatsoever howsoever arising for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and Funeral Guide may take any other action that Funeral Guide reasonably deems appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
Funeral Guide may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes Funeral Guide has made, as they are legally binding on You. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the website.