- Funeral Guide
- Funeral Zone Ltd, a limited company registered under the Companies Act 2006 and registered in England and Wales with company number 08135813 whose registered office is at 5 Providence Court, Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5JL, United Kingdom and any employee, officer, agent, or person or corporation authorised to act on behalf of Funeral Zone Ltd.
Funeral Guide are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Funeral Zone Ltd.
1. What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or the Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website. In particular, you should note we may record telephone conversations made to any telephone number published on the website for training and other purposes, please see ‘How will we use the information about you?’.
- Information you provide when you subscribe to, pay for or use the Services.
- If you contact us for any reason, information contained in that correspondence.
- Information that you provide when you voluntarily subscribe to customer surveys.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
2. IP Addresses
We may also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
4.1 What are cookies?
On this website cookies are used for anonymous measurement of which pages users visit. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of Funeral Guide’s visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Funeral Guide also uses various independent measurement and research companies who gather anonymous information regarding the visitors to Funeral Guide’s website on Funeral Guide’s behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on Funeral Guide’s website. We use this type of information to help improve the services we provide to Funeral Guide’s users. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes.
4.3 Third Party cookies on Funeral Guide pages
How will we use the information about you?
We collect the information about you to process your order, manage your account, and if you agree, to email you about other products and services.
We collect usage information about you when you use the Services. Save for how provided below, we will not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Where you enter information on forms on the website that are there for the purpose of allowing you to contact our advertisers we will pass on the information provided.
Where you have used one of the phone numbers on our site that are linked to funeral directors, the calls will automatically be transferred to the relevant funeral director but we may still record the call for training and monitoring purposes. The recordings will only be available to the relevant funeral director and Funeral Guide employees.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Funeral Guide, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also disclose your personal information to any person, firm or company who acquires or proposes to acquire any relevant part of Funeral Guide’s business to which your information relates or in respect of which it is used.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Funeral Guide will do its best to protect your personal data, Funeral Guide cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
We would like to send you marketing information about Funeral Guide’s products and services. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending a written request to FZ Ltd at Berkeley House, Dix’s Field, Exeter EX1 1PZ, United Kingdom.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Funeral Guide’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’) gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Should you wish to access the information we hold about you, please contact us at the address provided above. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Funeral Guide’s costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.